Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Gary Papa dies of Prostate Cancer at age 54

This is a sad day in Philadelphia. One of our greatest in television has passed on. Gary Papa ABC6 News Sports Anchor since 1981 died today of prostate cancer. Gary was fighting this disease for 5 years. I remember when he came out with his story on ABC to the public. Nothing but warm wishes flooded his way. It's nice to know the people of Philadelphia could bring a smile to his face and in his heart at such trying times. This is a man who came to work anyway! Loss of hair and all... he LOVED his job. And was a pleasure to watch. To me he is definately one of the faces/voices of Philly. I grew up watching him and I can't imagine there being an athlete out there that has come to this city and not know who Gary Papa is. Wow, my prayers go out to his family, friends and ABC family. I never had the opportunity to meet him personally but I could tell by watching, Gary must have been a pleasure to know.

Jim Gardner announced his death on ABC earlier today. The video is below. For more footage on Gary Papa http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=6874800




No comments:

Post a Comment