Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson - gone at age 50.

I just had to blog about Michael but at the same time I kept thinking how do I start??? As you know we lost Michael Jackson today at age 50. He collapsed at his residence in the Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles, California, about noon Pacific time, suffering cardiac arrest, according to brother Randy Jackson. He died at UCLA Medical Center. Feels so unbelievable. Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said an autopsy would probably be done Friday, with results expected that afternoon.
I have to say at first I was so saddened even to tears like many of you I'm sure. It felt heavy on my heart like he was a family member and I have never met him. I read a status on twitter [Chances are no one on here knows MJ personally or even seen him in person so why soo many tears and depressive tweets? This does not affect u ] This was my response [He is a legend that has true music that brings pure emotion happy or sad out of u. Thats a gift. No one will ever compare. Whether we knew him or not Mike touched people w/ his music. It FEELS like u know an artist when they are as GREAT as he is :)] Michael Jackson is meant to be loved the way he has been and always will be. In my opinion Michael Jackson gave up his "life" his "childhood" to give us joyful memories in music that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives and generations to come! We are blessed to have witnessed such an Icon. Without Michael we wouldn't have an Usher, Genuwine, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, Omarion and so on. I remember having a concert Michael did for HBO on VHS lol... I would sit on the floor indian style in front on the TV and watched/sang from beginning to end. Songs that would get me all hype! and some that would make me cry. But that is what a GREAT artist does... they deliver a true, pure emotion. To Michael's parents, brothers, sisters and even his children... thank you for sharing him with us. My heart and prayers go out to the Jackson family. Find peace in knowing he is in a better place. If you love Michael Jackson! Do me a favor, instead of being sad, play his music and dance your behind off! Lol... today may be a sad day but Michael would SMILE at us enjoying his music, his life.

I can't just pick one MJ song, Lol. Please enjoy some of my favorites :)


We Are The World (one of my favorites... this was Michael's vision.. wow)


Smooth Criminal (I thought his dance move leaning to the floor was so HOT back then lol. Yo he was the first to do some many things! It's just crazy)


Remember the Time (EVERYBODY was in this video!)


Dirty Diana (Shout out to all my ladies named DIANA! Lol)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words! Michael Jackson would love the words you wrote about him! Personally "Smooth Criminal" was my favorite song...I remember me and my cousins would see who could lean forward the furthest before falling..LOL SMH! TRUE STORY: We used to dump a bottle of baby powder on the floor and act like we were moon walking...we got our ass whipped but at the time we had so much fun. Michael Jackson gave my smiles, laughter, fun, and a youthful childhood....

    RIP (1958-2009)

    ReplyDelete