Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Queen Latifah admits to abuse

We were introduced to Queen Latifah as a rapper and know her now to be a mogul from the music world, fashion industry and to the big screen. As much as we see her in the media eye Queen Latifah has done well at keeping her personal life private. Yet in an interview with Essence magazine Latifah opens up about being sexually abused in her childhood. This abuse was at the hands of a teenager that was watching her over a period of time. Latifah is quoted "I never told anybody; I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at an arm's distance. I never really let a person get too close to me. I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue." It wasn't until her brother passed away when she was 22 that she finally told her parents. In Essence Latifah continues to tell her parents reaction and how she feels about the sexual abuse today. Click the link below for more on her story.

Oh I gotta say I love this pic of her! Beautiful!!!


http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/06/11/21661574.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment