Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Run DMC has NYC Queens street named after them

A bill was passed today by the NYC council that a highway will now be named the Run DMC JMJ Way. This highway is actually in Hollis Queens where Joseph "Rev Run" Simmons, Darryl "DMC" McDaniels and the late Jason "Jam Master Jay" Mizell grew up. Yay! I think this is so fly. Lol... Congrats to them! This is big because this makes the first time a major NYC street is named after a Hip Hop artist, nice. I don't know if your aware but Run DMC was also just inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 4, 2009.
Council Member Comrie stated he hopes the move will help revitalized the Hollis, Queens community with new business. “I have chosen the 205th Street location because it is in proximity to the museum and also is the site of a famous mural of the group’s late member, Mr. Mizell. It is my sincere hope that this street renaming, combined with the museum, will help to economically revitalize this particular neighborhood as a potential tourism attraction.”
I know I want to see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment