Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nia Long Speaks Non-Acting Actors That Sing

First I do miss Nia Long on the screen! I think she was one of the good ones and just so pretty. I know she decided to have children and then come back but we all know how hard it is for minority women to get roles today.. they are fighting for the same ones. Check out the quote from Nia.

“I didn’t see ‘Obsessed,’ so I can’t comment, but it’s just not about how talented you are anymore. It’s about, ‘How much box-office revenue will this person generate?’ When you see certain people – we won’t name names – they just don’t have the skill, and no one in their team has said, ‘You need acting classes’…“If you take time to develop your craft, God bless you. Jamie Foxx is an example of both [actor and singer].”

Ok so I think we all know Nia is talking about Beyonce or why would she have mentioned Obsessed??? I understand what Nia is saying because everyone knows Beyonce isn't the best actress... she is growing though because I think her role in Obsessed was the best yet that I have seen. Nia Long, I love her and yes would love to see her on the big screen again but at the same time... why hate on another persons grind. Beyonce is going after her dreams and she is fearless with it. I admire that. I do believe she has taken some acting lessons though because she definately needed them and I think B knows that about herself. Lol... This also has to do with who people are familiar with and the younger generation of today don't know who Nia Long is and that is unfortunate. Touchy situation but you know what... I love them both and I would pay to see both of them on the big screen! So bring Nia back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment