Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

President Obama meeting with Professor and Cop Thursday

By now you are aware of the cop that ended up arresting Professor Gates outside his home because the officer thought he was breaking in... yes into his own home. Last week President Obama commented on the situation stated the Police Department "acted stupidly". From what I have been reading the police department was asking Obama to apologize. OH PLEASE. So today a senior administration official said Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Sgt. James Crowley of the Cambridge, Massachusetts, Police Department will be visiting the White House Thursday. All three are suppose to meet at 6pm. I have to say we have some President... for Obama to even have this meeting shows another act of CLASS on his behalf. Here he is trying to do what's right. My thing is this... I don't care what procedure the department was following... the moment Gates showed his ID and proof of this being his residence that should have been the end of it. At that point you explain you recieved a phone call and were just checking things out... Apologize for the inconvenience and go on with your shift. Now I know alot of time neighbors don't even know who lives in the house next to and across from them. But this was just crazy. I can't even imagine getting arrested going into my own house. SMH (shaking my head).
For complete story click link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment