Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009


So much talk about Jay Z and his transition from Def Jam. We have been hearing and talking about Jay's new label/distribution stuff for I think over a year now lol Here is an update, Jay Z has officially signed a distribution deal with Sony for his new label Roc Nation. According to Billboard his new solo album BluePrint 3 will be distributed through Atlantic but that was just a one album deal. Jay Z did offer distribution for Roc Nation through Def Jam but this was four years ago. At that time Island Def Jam wasn't interested.

“You have to figure, this is like four years ago, and to them it was just like, 'Are you crazy? No! Make a song,' " said the mogul, who bought his way out of his Def Jam contract for an estimated $5 million. Jay Z went on to tell Billboard how he felt Island Def Jam wasn't fully utilizing his entrepreneurial abilites, "To me it was like, I've sold companies for huge amounts of money. I'm an entrepreneur - that's what I've been all my life. I can't just sit here and make records and not do anything else. Why wouldn't you want to do this with me? I felt under-utilized.”
So we about to see what Jay Z can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment