Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, August 31, 2009

50 Cent Community Event Canceled

Wow I'm so disappointed in the NY Law Enforment on this one. I honestly don't think there was a problem with 50 having the community event and for them to want to postpone it to work things out better... please explain what needs to be worked out better? People get on rap artist for negative things and then want to find a problem when they try to do something commendable. But never the less... 50 Cent's community event that was to be held this past weekend in Queens, NY was canceled due to fear of violence occurring. 50's manager did confirm this. They are currently working with the Police to figure out another date. But if you fear violence now... what would make you not fear it two or three months from now when its rescheduled??? I just don't get it. 50 is quoted, "I am constantly searching for ways to give back to the community that helped create me and contributed to my success," he goes on, "I can think of no better way to do this than to help improve the lives of the young people that reside there through programs created by my foundation."
For the full story click link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment