Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

DJ AM Found Dead

DJ AM born Adam Goldstein was found dead in his Soho apartment on friday Aug 28th. Many know he survived a plane crash last year. According to the New York Post, Cops found prescription drug bottles inside DJ AM's residence at 210 Lafayette St. after the 36-year-old's lifeless body spotted face-down in his bed at around 5:23 p.m. by a friend, who was concerned he hadn't heard from the performer in several days. DJ AM was filming a reality show for MTV surrounding drug addiction. Like I said on twitter I didn't know DJ AM personally but by all the tweets I saw from so many people he was really loved. My condolences go out to those having to mourn a good friend and family member. For those that don't know DJ AM is a "Philly Native"! Check out part of an interview he recently did and talked about Philly.

Bo Bliz: What has your connection to Philadelphia been since you moved from here?
AM: I have always stayed in touch with my Sister who still lives there and I get back there at lease every 2 months just to take a walk and remember my childhood. I love that city. Damn, bout to start crying! I am a mush ball when it comes to Philly!

CA: Being a born Philadelphia kid, what you do miss most about Philly and its style?
AM: The food, the people, and the over all energy that you can actually smell and see on the streets. Philly has more flavor and character then anywhere in the world I have ever been, other then Prague

BB: What was your reaction to the support you received at DJ Day here in Philadelphia?
AM: I was totally speechless. When Jazzy Jeff showed me the pics I was floored. I had NO idea half of these legends knew who I was, let alone how I DJed and supported me. It was like winning an Oscar.

For the full interview click the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment