Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, October 16, 2009

The White House Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month

Last night President Obama and our First Lady hosted the third installment of the White House Music Series, this one celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. Fiesta Latina brought some of the country's best Latin music performers to the White House, including: Mark Anthony, Gloria Estefan, Jose Feliciano, Pete Escovedo, ThalĂ­a, Tito "El Bambino," Aventura, Los Lobos and Sheila E., with hosts Jimmy Smits, Eva Longoria and George Lopez. I was so excited and proud of everyone involved in putting on such a successful show at the White House. Thank you President Obama for evening doing this. As I watched like many I'm sure, I was thinking... I never saw this coming. I can only imagine how honored, humbled and excited our Latino artists felt to have performed for the world from the White House. Check out some of the videos if you missed it. Also, it was nice to see the First Family enjoying Latin music so much.
Obama was getting his Salsa on!! LOL... I loved it. This is Thalia performing.


Gloria Estefan!!! This was actually the end of the show. Everyone looked so nice.


Ok I was so hype when Los Lobos did La Bamba!! LOL Check them out.


I'm so upset I can not find video of Marc Anthony... that man was awesome last night and just belongs on a stage! He did great and Jennifer's introduction for him was so sweet. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment