Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Calle 13 Win Big At Latin Grammy's

Latin group Calle 13 consists of rappers Rene "Residente" Perez and his half brother Eduardo "Visitante" Cabra, took home five Grammys for album of the year and best urban album of the year. Their single, Los de AtrĂ¡s Vienen Conmigo (Those behind me are coming with me.) won record of the year. When recieving the award Residente dedicated the award to popular folk singer/activist Mercedes Sosa who passed away in October at age 74. "She is a voice who should never die, and young people should listen to her," He continued, "In an era of dictatorship and difficult times, she wasn't afraid. That's why I dedicated it to her." Shout out to Puerto Rico!

For more click link below.
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/11/10/22020916.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment