Why aren't you sweet! Your visiting my blog page...

Remembering Haiti... please continue to pray and do what you can in donations. www.yele.org -- Here you will find a combination of entertainment news, current events, and video footage of my journey. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts as well. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monique Takes Home Sag Awards & Speaks On Personal Abuse

Congrats to Monique once again! She took home a Sag Award for her role in Precious. The Sag Awards took place in LA Saturday night.
Monique discussed her personal struggle with abuse in a People interview last month, she said, “I know Mary Jones. I know that monster - that character for me, in my life, was my older brother.” Her brother molested her four times over the course
of four years. “When I confronted him and told my parents, he said I was lying, and nothing was really done,” Her brother later served 15 years in prison for sexually abusing another girl, and although he has never apologized to Mo’Nique, Precious helped her to forgive him: “I’m angry. I’m mad. I’m hurt. I’m crying, but doing this movie made me say, ‘You know what? I forgive.’ I forgive and I wish he would get the help that he needs, so no one else will go through it. It’s my obligation to let people know, and to tell them to watch their children.”
Wow... as hard as it must be, I am so happy Monique is at a place of forgiveness with her brother... that is a place of true happiness and growth.
For more click below.
http://concreteloop.com/2010/01/roundup-beyonce-named-artist-of-the-decade-at-nrj-music-awards-monique-wins-a-sag-award

No comments:

Post a Comment